After writing an article “PTCL broadband internet DSL service“; lot of ptcl dsl� subscribers are asking about “Configuring DSL over ethernet” so I decided to write a detailed article.
Please note that, this configuration is only applicable to ZTE ZXDSL 831D modem which is provided by ptcl (in white color). I am not covering the ethernet installation and DSL cable connections in this guide because I assume that it is already installed and configured.
Please follow the instructions for step by step configuration.
- Point your internet explorer or firefox browser to 192.168.1.1
- Login using ZXDSL as username and ZXDSL as password
- Click on “connection settings” in left menu
- Delete all connections except default one named “rfc139“
- Click on “create new connection”
- Choose “PPP over Ethernet”
- Press “goto next step”
Connection settings are as follows:
- VPI: 0
- VCI: 103
- QoS: UBR
- Authentication: NONE
- username: 042XXXXXXX
- password: XXXXXXXXXXX
- Click “Create this new service”
- Click on”Advance Settings” in left menu
- Then click on security in sub-menu
- Look for the “Security Interface” and then click on add interface
- Select ppp-0 and then click on Apply
- Click on “Enable NAT to Internal Interface”
- Click on “Maintenance” in left menu, choose”Save” and press the save button
- Click on “Restart” and press restart button (do not check reset to factory default)
- Right Click “My Network Places” on desktop and select “Properties”
- Right Click “Local Area Connections” andselect Properties
- In the General Tab; double click on”Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)” and made the following settings:
Press OK and enjoy the broadband experience!!
edit /etc/resolv.conf and write:
Save, exit and enjoy!
Your internet is NOW working every time you restart your computer, no need to dial in.