PHP is just like a hot cake now a days because there are lot of job opportunities in the local and international market but there is a shortage of php experts. Lot of people are trying to learn PHP but they don’t know how to install and configure PHP on Windows.
I am writing this article on Public Demand -:) because lot of people are sending me emails to learn PHP after I pass the Zend Certification. So,lets come to the title of this article.
Its so simple to install and configure php on windows. I am using WampServer which is open source, easy to install and available in windows installer. WampServer is a Windows web development environment. It allows you to create web applications with Apache, PHP and the MySQL database. It also comes with PHPMyAdmin and SQLiteManager to easily manage your databases.
- Download WampServer
- Install WampServer by Double clicking the downloaded file
- Follow the instructions.
- Thats it, you are done with installing it.
- Run the WampServer, Left click on new icon in your taskbar and click start all services
- Test it by writing http://localhost in your browser, it should display a WampServer page
- Place your files in c:/wamp/www/
Write your questions, comments and suggestions about php installation to share with others who are looking for it.