Google Apps is combination of state of the art & innovative technologies by the Google Team of professionals. At the end of January, I wrote a post about the “Reasons to migrate your domain Email to Google Apps” and promised to write a post on how the migrate your custom domain email to Google.
The first thing you should do is to create an account on Google Apps. The Google Apps registration process is really quick and simple, and the actual migration part is just a handful of MX Record changes. I did all this in few minutes to my domain (including DNS change).
So here’s how you can migrate your domain email to Google’s innovative Technologies.
- Verify the ownership of your domain
- Change you MX records to point to Google Mail servers.
Changing MX records in cPanel
- signin to your cPanel account.
- Click Mail.
- Click MX Entry. A list of your current MX records will appear. Delete any existing MX records before entering new MX records for specific domain you are interested to migrate.
- Click Change an MX Entry.
- In the Change MX for… field, enter ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM.
- Click Change and you are done.
- Wait for few minutes to resolve your domain’s MX records
- Create all the email addresses on Google Apps domain management tool in order to avoid bouncing any email.
With Google Apps, you can host multiple domains and email addresses to one account by creating domain aliase, moreover Google Apps is not only meant for mail; you have multiple features in it including chat, docs & spreadsheets, calendar and much more. You can also check your domain’s email on blackberry.