Google’s instant messenger is known as GTalk which is gaining popularity day by day due to its lightweight, less resource killer and stunning voice chat quality but Google’s IM team missed an important and most often used feature which is Conference Calling. Yahoo and Msn messengers are widely used due to free conference calling.
Here, I will share a tip/hack to make free conference call and I am sure you’ll love to try this method. In order to make conference calls in gtalk, you need to launch multiple instances of gTalk (yes, it is possible).
Steps to make multiple instances of gTalk
- Make a copy of gTalk shortcut icon on your desktop
- Right click the shortcut and click on properties in contextual menu
- In the target text box, change “C:Program FilesGoogleGoogle Talkgoogletalk.exe” /startmenu to “C:Program FilesGoogleGoogle Talkgoogletalk.exe” /nomutex
- Click on OK and you are done
- Now you can launch multiple copies of gTalk by clicking the gtalk shortcut icon
Making Conference calls
Lets say that 3 persons (A, B & C) want to make conference call with each other, here’s how they will connect with each other.
All of them have to enable multi-session google talk IM clients and launch two copies of Gtalk on their computers. If person A makes a voice call to person B and person B makes a call to person C and person C makes a call to person A then they are connected to each other in conference call. They all can interact and communicate with each other.