Google Is The Only Hope for US People Regarding Broadband Internet

For the bright future of broadband internet facilities in the USA, the FCC has established  the National Broadband plan but we are screwed. The Federal Communications Commission announced  National Broadband Plan last week, their aim is to  provide universal, affordable 100 megabits per second broadband internet service to 100 million households at reasonable rates  by 2020. No doubt they have made serious efforts  including very important tasks  towards  opening space in the broadcast spectrum but they still  have not access the problem creating source .You know very well that  without increasing  competition, broadband service in the United States will flop and throw USA behind the developed countries.

The main fault of FCC plan is lack of competition because without healthy competition, it is very difficult to push down prices. The plan is made up to understand the necessities of only 15 percent of homes who will have a choice to choose service provider and the remaining 85 percent of homes have no choice at all .

The U.S.A has the highest broadband prices among advanced nations, while  in other countries like Japan and France the prices of broadband internet services are very low. Again, it is the question of competition . So why they are going to impose such a fool plan.  The answer is because the U.S. government has no backbone and ruins its own ideas.

The only hope of USA peoples is Google which is a upcoming internet giant. Google wants to put 1 gigabit-per-second connections in people’s homes in near future. Google is taking initiative on a very small  scale (500,000 homes vs. 100 million) but  if the initial response is positive, Google will  become a much bigger player in this space than they forecast right now.

If Google, one of the largest companies in this country, only believes they can afford to hook up 50,000 to 500,000 homes with their plan, how is any other company expected to compete with the incumbent players?

Get free updates in your email:

Related Articles

  1. There Are 1 Responses So Far. »

  2. tasawar abbas [Nov 15, 2010]

    as salam o alikum mera naam tasawar abbas hai and main shekupura rehta hoon mere hallat intahi kharab hain kafi arsa se berozgar hoon .choote choote bache hain and bahut mushkal waqat guzar raha hoo.rent ka makan hai jis ka 3 month se rent nahi de saka ghar main koi cheeze khane ke liea nahi hai and ab eid per bhi bachoon ke koi kapre nah le saka hoon balke khane ke liea rashan bhi nahi le saka plz meri yea bat chief minister tak paooncain and primminister tak and president saab tak paoonchain kh meri maddad ki jae. agir woh maddad nahi kartee to plz kisi ko gurda zarrorat ho to main apna gurda bechna chaata hoon keoon keh main apni ankoon ke samne apne bachoon ko bhooka nahi marte dekh sakta. yea geo news ka main sari zindagi yea ehsan nahi bhoolon ga plz yea meri bat alla hukam tak paoonchain . ya mujh see koi admi jis ko gurda chaeei to woh mujh see le lee aur mere bache roti kha sakain …tasawar abbas shakupura mobil no. 0302 4084887

Post a Comment